The 4.5 Stage of Development (Strategist) Up-Shift from 2.5 Conformist
Leaders experiencing this stage often have these gifts:
- Become skilled facilitators. Often not seen as a "boss".
- Principles ethics used to guide themselves and the entire organization.
- See how contexts shape people and situations from the outside.
- Can see that some environments, containers and systems are better than others.
- Focus on one's own and others development in order to increase their capacity to work with complex contexts and systems and serve their purpose.
- Sees into the long future: Operate in a time frame that encompasses past and future generations.
- Work as hard as their employees
- Have dynamic relationships.
- Sees the big picture: Situated in a space that includes sentient and planetary concerns.
- They can prioritize approaches for the benefit of humanity, the planet, and all life.
- Embrace paradox and projections as unavoidable.
- Adept at creating complex adaptive systems and containers that support the shaping of different developmental visions, resulting in personal and collective transformations across different levels of development.
- Seek feedback as essential to development.
- Understands that communication includes projections, but sees them upon reflection.
- Sees developmental rights-the right to be developmentally at whatever stage one occupies as long as they aren't hurting anyone else (a guiding principle).
- Highly effective change agents
- Can handle resistance to change
Leaders experiencing this stage tend to have these challenges
- Excessive pressure to develop vertically
- May appear as a "know it all"
- Can't see projections in the moment.
Strategist Tools: Developmental models; adaptability and agility