DEVELOPMENTALLY INFORMED – TRANSFORMATIONAL MEDITATION
What if we were guided through our stages of consciousness, starting with infancy and moving up through all the major fulcrums of our growth, and into the most advanced ego stages known to us? If we’re growing, we’re headed somewhere. This program will let you experience where first-hand. Along the way, we will also experience the places where our development has been cut off and not fully experienced.
Imagine what might be possible if you got out of your map and into the territory of your experience.
This program will have once-monthly, hour-long LIVE question and answers with Kim Barta, so you can further explore what’s happening in your practice and your life.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have added both a HARDSHIP reduced price offering and SCHOLARSHIPS for anyone who wishes to take this course
An 8-month program from April 29 – December 2
STAGES of Consciousness are our ego tiers themselves, starting in infancy (a first-person perspective) and moving up through childhood (a second-person perspective), early adulthood (a third-person perspective), and upwards, including fourth, fifth, and even sixth-person perspectives.
STAGES research shows that states and stages inform one another, and that at the highest levels of known ego development, the disctiction between the two begins to blur and then to unify.
STAGES International charts human development from the first-person perspective of an infant to the latest levels found in adulthood, and what those levels mean in our day-to-day lives.
Registration is now closed.
Course Meditation and Live Q&A Schedule
All times are in US Mountain Time.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Each month you will receive a new developmentally-informed meditation to practice daily for the month
- These meditations are specifically designed to enhance each developmental stage sequentially
- This will allow us to ensure our egoic development is whole and healthy, since so many of us have wounding that occurred at certain developmental stages
- Our fullest expression of each stage of development can now be experienced and expressed
- These natural, shadow-healing meditations will work with our core and trailing developmental levels
- With a much stronger sense of our egos, we’ll be primed to both experience spiritual states more easily, and allow our own egoic development to continue more easily
Registration is now closed.
Who the course is for:
- Meditation lovers
- People on personal growth paths and who love life-deepeninging practices
- Anyone looking for a unique meditations for growth
- Those who are curious what a developmentally-informed meditation might illuminate
- Integralists, serious meditators, and students of developmental psychology
- Any person who feels their own development has become stuck
- Those who feel their spiritual insight has become stuck or stagnant
Sample Meditation: Receptive and Abundant
This was taken from Kim’s Winter Series talk, “Transforming through Ego.”
Receptive and Abundant
- Discovery of abundance
- Emergence of wisdom
- Sensorial aliveness
Egocentric and Passionate
- Free expression
- Spontaneous aliveness
- Just do it
Rules and Community
- Introduction to the we-space
- The power of communal imagination
Sacred Principles & Rituals
- Principles to live by
- Principled practice
- Beliefs for a better life
A Unique Self, Discovered
- Deep self trust
- Courageous explorer
- Discovery of the I, I do not yet know
True Intimacy & the Loving Witness
- Deep intimacy and vulnerability
- The internal collective and the unconditional loving witness, part 1
- Meditations for healing shadow, part 1
Vibrant Adaptivity, Unity, and Awareness
- Meditations for healing shadow, part 2
- The internal collective and the unconditional loving witness, part 2
- The universe and dust
What’s included in the course:
- Monthly guided, developmentally-informed meditations designed and led by Kim
- Each meditation will be recorded for your use daily or as desired
- Monthly Q&A’s with Kim for each session to understand the theory and dynamics designed into the meditation, application, struggles and successes with implementation and correct use and posture of consciousness for each exercise.
Registration is now closed.
Kim Barta, MA is an internationally-recognized licensed psychotherapist, coach, spiritual guide, and speaker. His work is founded in an experiential practice that works with many different kinds of cultures and challenges, from severe mental illness and trauma to supporting the fullest expression of one’s humanity. Kim’s expertise now includes integrating developmental theory with the day-to-day work of being an active therapist and healer.
Kim graduated with a BA in Cultural Anthropology from the University of Montana in 1984. He pursued a masters in an interdisciplinary program that combined psychology, social work, counseling, and sociology for a broad perspective for healing. He lived with a Native American shaman and did his masters thesis in shamanism and modern psychotherapy.
After developing and implementing a successful training program in the construction industry for people suffering from severe mental illness such as bipolar, schizophrenia, and Axis 2 Disorders, Kim pursued outdoor leadership, becoming an instructor with the international Outward Bound schools. Kim went on to develop a mental health treatment program for children and youth that was adopted by three hospitals in Montana. In 1992, Kim and his wife, Dr. Katie Carter ND, co-founded and continue managing a mind/body healing arts clinic in Polson, Montana, nestled beneath the high Mission Mountains on the shore of Flathead Lake, in the Flathead Indian nation.
Ever seeking better ways of healing in the life of self, other, families and children, Kim has developed several successful new forms of therapy that lead to deep and rapid healing. These therapies have proven themselves effective with a wide range of issues, including: depression, anxiety, PTSD, anger, addiction, chronic pain, physical illnesses and weight loss and personal growth. People utilize his psychology/coaching/spiritual guidance practice, on a global level.
Currently, Kim has joined his sister, Dr. Terri O’Fallon, to present workshops and trainings on STAGES, a new model of human development developed by Dr. O’Fallon. Kim’s long history of working with such a wide variety of clients has made his expertise invaluable. He brings nuance and direct application into the STAGES model, allowing it to be integrated into the dynamic and fluid world of psychotherapy and coaching.